Thursday, November 20, 2014

Zolar's Class (ID)

So for what ever reason, I got Mr. Zolar again. He is my first period class. To be honest, I like his class, but its exactly like how is other classes are: random, funny and really hard to follow. Each week he gives us one or two articles to go over in class. We read and discuss them in class, then at the end of the week, we have to write two paragraphs summarizing the article. You would think that its simple, easy 90. Wrong. One, he makes you make drafts for 2 paragraphs. Who makes a draft for 2 paragraphs summarizing an article that's right in front of you? Two, the paragraphs have to follow a certain format. I'm not even sure what the format is. He just gives me an outline paper and says, go right ahead. It kind of reminds me of when he taught us what Cornell notes were, and how to right them, even though I never actually learned how to do them. Actually, I don't anyone in our grade who had him learned, or remembers, how to do Cornell notes. Three, he barely even talks about the article in class. Remember how you would ask him that ONE good question, or make that one good comment, and he just goes of for the rest of the class? Yup, he still does that. Only now it goes on randomly, and doesn't even have anything to do with the question. We can go from asking him about how to save money, to him talking about how his little cousin got arrested the other day. Well, the class is funny so might as well stay in it.

3 comments:

  1. oh gosh, your post really made me laugh. I have never had him as a teacher before but after reading your post I think I understand exactly how class is. I really enjoy how you pretty much summed up everything that goes on in your first period. It gets me thinking about my, what feels to be 3 hour long, first period is and how different the vibes are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100% Abdoulie. His class is still really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cornell notes can be very helpful. It's a shame that you don't know how to use them.

    ReplyDelete