Monday, March 2, 2015

Kendrick Lamar- Untitled (SSR)

One of my favorite songs by Kendrick is an un-aired song he performed on a T.V. show. Because it doesn't have an official title, peopled named it Untitled. The whole song was supposed to be a conversation that he is having with a girl he was trying to talk to. It goes from him trying to talk to her, to her asking him about how he treats himself, and how he might become a sell out like most rappers if he follows what record labels say and sign every deal they give him. My favorite verse is the last where he says:

A piece of mines, that what the white man wanted when i rhyme,
telling me that he selling me just for 10.99,
i go platinum for rapping, i do the company fine,
what if i compromise, said it don't even matter,
make a million or more, your living better than average,
your losing your core following, but gaining it all,
put a price on my talent i hit the bank and withdraw.

Not a lot of people heard it yet because it is unreleased, but you should go listen to it.

6 comments:

  1. I think Kendrick is a really good rapper too! I actually do want to listen to that song now. A lot of artists actually end up conforming to what their record labels want them to do and I think he is one of those rare people who actually don't care. That is an important stance to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Kendrick Lamar too. He is a good rapper and I can't wait for his next album. You should listen to his new song the blacker the berry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Kendrick he's one of few rappers that actually raps and makes the listener think. He's a real lyricist, I'm surprised you know about a unreleased song. I didn't know you were a fan like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that kendrick is a great rapper. He is a an that speaks facts. He is a man who speaks from events of his life or speaks about the problems in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when his first album came it out and I was in love with it. Now I can't wait to hear what his music sounds like with this old dirty bastard haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But why do you like it? Most of this is just the lyrics themselves.

    ReplyDelete